Chickpea curry is one of our favorite plant-based dinners we recommend to our patients. It’s very flavorful with ginger, spices and packed with protein from the chickpeas. Feel free to make it your own by adding whatever veggies are your favorite! Enjoy!
- 1/2 organic yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh organic ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 can of organic fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can of organic coconut milk
- 1 can of organic garbanzo beans
- 1 Tbsp organic avocado oil
- Parsley for garnish
- In a raised saucepan or dutch oven, combine the avocado oil, onions and garlic, sautéing until fragrant. Add in the ginger and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the fire-roasted tomatoes, coconut milk, garbanzo beans, curry powder, garam masala and salt to the saucepan. Mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the curry has reached the consistency of your liking, garnish with parsley serve with rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
Rachel Mistry, Registered Dietitian at Root Cause Medical Clinic