Health Secret: Apple Cider Vinegar
What Makes Apple Cider Vinegar So Special?
Let’s talk about THE most talked about “natural remedy” – Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV for short). The list goes on and on regarding its uses: from household cleaning supplies to cosmetic purposes to first aid.
A brief history of ACV dates all the way back to ancient Egypt, Rome, and Greece. The Roman Army apparently used an ACV tonic to stay strong and healthy. Japanese Samurai warriors used to drink it for strength and power. Also, it is said that Cleopatra used ACV to wash her face. ACV contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that balance the skin’s pH. It’s a natural, simple beauty secret that keeps your skin clean and fresh!
Here are just some of the purported benefits:
- Eases digestion
- Aids in flu prevention
- Reduces inflammation
- Regulates pH balance
- Eases nausea and heartburn
- The main ingredient in detox regimens
- Helps reduce acne
- Smoothes wrinkles
- Stops hair loss
- Soothes sore throat
- Lowers blood pressure
- Treats bladder infection, and
- Slows the growth of cancer.
Before you run to the store and start drinking the first ACV you find, make sure you find the right kind.
Follow these rules when buying ACV:
- It must be organic and raw. Raw means that it does not undergo any chemical process or filtration to make it clear. It is unprocessed and unheated. Never confuse clear, sparkling vinegar with ACV – this vinegar doesn’t have any healthy properties like ACV and can actually be dangerous. The uglier it looks, the healthier it is!
- Stay away from plastic. As we know, plastic can leak toxins into the liquid it holds. Always opt for the glass bottle.
- Buy with the “Mother” in it. The Mother is the brown stuff you see floating around the ACV that collects at the bottom. It looks a little yucky, but it’s SO good for you. It’s the result of fermentation and contains enzymes and live bacteria. This is what makes the apple cider vinegar so healthy.
Why does ACV contain so many healing properties? The secret may lie in its alkalizing effect! Even though ACV is acidic, it creates an alkaline environment in your body which is the exact opposite of what most diseases require to thrive. It is an acidic environment that is associated with the most degenerative diseases we are trying to avoid.
How to take your daily dose of ACV
- 1 Tbs of apple cider vinegar
- 250mL of water (about 8oz)
- A couple of drops of Natural Stevia
ACV is very acidic, so it’s important to dilute it with water. Drinking ACV straight may damage tooth enamel or cause burning when swallowing. It may taste a bit sour, but the drops of stevia should help – and the benefits are well worth it!
Do you need help with your health?
We have the tools to discover why you may be having trouble with a weakened immune system. It’s not difficult as long as you’re ready to make some dietary and lifestyle changes. If that sounds daunting, don’t worry. We will hold your hand through the changes and make each step of change an easy one.
Dr. Vikki Petersen DC. CCN
Founder of Root Cause Medical Clinic
Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner
Dr Vikki Petersen is a public speaker, author of two books, several eBooks and creates cutting edge content for her YouTube community. Dr Vikki is committed to bringing Root Cause Medicine and its unique approach to restoring health naturally to the world.