Dark Chocolate Bark
Chocolate and desserts are in the air. Certainly the spreading of love (and some healthy dark chocolate) should not be relegated to only certain holidays per year, but we hear about it a lot this month.Fortunately, unlike cookies, ice cream and some other sweet treats, chocolate is one you CAN enjoy pretty guilt-free. This recipe is very simple to make and you can share the love and chocolate with friends and a special “someone” without a lot of time in the kitchen. While this recipe suggests a microwave, you can definitely melt the chocolate and coconut oil on your stove top. A double boiler would be best, but if you don’t have one simply melt it on very low heat and stir pretty constantly until the chips have melted into the oil and is fully combined. The dried strawberries is a method of bringing in some “red” in honor of the holiday, but you could use raspberries or even blueberries (for a boy!). Please let us know how you enjoy it!
- 1 9 oz package of Lily’s stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup organic refined coconut oil if you like the taste of coconut in your chocolate, you can use unrefined oil
- 1 Tbsp organic hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried organic strawberries or raspberries
- 1 Tbsp organic coconut flakes
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a medium bowl and microwave in 60 second intervals. You can also melt your chocolate and oil in a double boiler on the stove. Use low heat to not scorch the chocolate. Stir until oil and chocolate are well combined.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to the baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes, berries, and hemp hearts.
- Transfer baking dish to the fridge until the chocolate has hardened, about 1 hour.
- Break into pieces and enjoy
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!