Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
Fall is in the air and that means the holiday season is not far behind. As soon as Starbuck’s starts promoting their Pumpkin Latte you know pumpkin season is in full swing. You definitely don’t need to succumb to the breads, muffins, cookies and coffee drinks that while using the word “pumpkin”, really aren’t offering much beyond pumpkin flavoring that has little to no actual pumpkin in it, or so much added sugar that it has left any health benefits of pumpkin way behind! We have many fun, delicious, healthy pumpkin recipes on this site for you to enjoy. This smoothie is fun, fast and healthy – a great way to start your day!Please let me know how you enjoy it.
- 1 cup organic almond milk. Alternatively use rice or cashew milk anything non-dairy
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- 1/2 or 1 organic banana – depending on the degree of sweetness you desire
- 2 Tbsp. organic pureed pumpkin
- 2 organic dates pitted and soaked in hot water to soften
- 2 Tbsp. organic ground flax
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon you can add more to taste
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla
- Soak dates in hot water for about 15 minutes. You can do this step the night before and leave the softened pitted dates in the fridge.
- Take all ingredients and place in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, top with a shake of cinnamon.
Some recipes and videos contain affiliate links for products we use and believe our patients and readers would enjoy. If you purchase such a product via the link we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. It’s similar to a referral fee and helps us to pay the videographer and the grocery bill. Thank you!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!